At the end of next week, we *should* be moving our office from its current location in an historic house, with my desk set up being in the middle of the freaking hallway. We are moving into a traditional office building with other University offices. A lot will change. Sure, I wont be able to see outside anymore or wont have a parking space right out the back door, BUT, a lot of good will come out of this. So...without further ado, I present my list of Reasons to Love the New Office:
1. I can sit more than 3 inches away from my desk.
2. I can spin my chair around
3. I can look at whatever I want to on my computer because no one can sneak up behind me or walk behind me.
4. Instead of people just randomly opening my drawers to borrow a paper clip, they will have to ask or be directed somewhere else.
5. I can put down a very small throw rug if I want...hmm..Ive always had a fondness for Alpaca hair rugs....
6. I can have more pictures on my desk because my side of the desk will not be open to the general public.
7. I get an "IN" box
8. I can buy a plant for my cubicle
9. I can choose not to wear pants, ah, the joys of cubicles...
10. We will have a 2 stall bathroom as opposed to a one person bathroom, this means A) no lines B) no more feeling uncomfortable with the knowledge you know who just dropped a bomb again, having 3 stalls means it could be anyone!
11. My chair will never get bumped again, unless of course I bump it against my desk...which hell... I can do whatever I want! Its my freaking cubicle!
12. Respect. You must respect someone in a cubicle. It is their private cubicle for them to use as they please.
13. In theory, I could bring in Holly or Alfred and keep them hidden underneath my desk....